Lufthansa Peanuts competition terms & conditions (valid from 09.12.2015)
The organiser of this competition is Deutsche Lufthansa AG (hereafter referred to as ‘Lufthansa’).
By entering the competition, the participant accepts the following entry terms and conditions.
1. Promotional period and entry deadline
The competition begins on 09.12.2015 and ends on 29.12.2015 (hereafter referred to as the ‘promotional period’). Participants enter by completing the registration form on the LH.com/peanuts website with their name, email address, date of birth, country and language, and then submitting the form. Thereafter, the participant has to successfully play at least one of the three online games on the LH.com/peanuts website:
– Departures board: during competition week 09.12.–15.12.2015 the participant has to find all the words in at least one round of the word search puzzle within the allotted time.
– Who sits where? During competition week 16.12.–22.12.2015 the participant has to seat all the Peanuts characters correctly in at least one round within the allotted time.
– Jump, Snoopy, jump! During competition week 23.12.–29.12.2015 the participant has to successfully complete at least one game, by guiding Snoopy safely through the obstacle course within the allotted time.
The closing date for entries is 29.12.2015; the date that counts is the date the online registration is submitted.
Entry is open to all persons aged 18 or over (hereafter known as ‘participants’) who have their permanent home in Germany, Austria or Switzerland. Children and teenagers wishing to enter must therefore be registered by a parent or guardian. Employees of Lufthansa, Twentieth Century Fox, HLX, HAG, Binoli and/or of Lufthansa business or cooperation partners (and their relatives) are not permitted to enter. In the event of a breach of these entry terms and conditions, Lufthansa reserves the right to exclude the individual or individuals concerned from the competition. If necessary in these cases, prizes can also be revoked retrospectively. Entry to the competition is free of charge. Entry and chances of winning are not dependent on the purchase of goods or services. The costs of postage, internet connection, etc., must be met by each participant.
3. Provision and use of personal information
Participants are responsible for the accuracy of the contact details they provide. All personal information must be accurate, otherwise Lufthansa can exclude the individual concerned from entering the competition.
By entering, the participant agrees that Lufthansa and Twentieth Century Fox can store the required personal information for the purpose and duration of the implementation and operation of the competition. Each participant has the right to withdraw their participation in the competition and their registration at any time at LH.com/peanuts.
4. Prizes and prize draw
4.1 Weekly prizes during the competition weeks
Each registered participant who successfully completes an online game at LH.com/peanuts in competition weeks 09.12.2015–15.12.2015, 16.12.–22.12.2015 and 23.12.–29.12.2015 receives one entry to the weekly prize draw. Each participant can secure one weekly prize-draw entry every day of the week in each of the three online games, i.e. a maximum of 3 times 7 entries. Games can be played more than once, leading to increased chances of winning the weekly prize.
The following prizes will be drawn each week:
– 20 jam-packed Peanuts goody bags containing a key-ring, soundtrack CD, gym bag, movie poster and other items.
– 10 pairs of cinema tickets to see The Peanuts Movie.
The cinema tickets are valid exclusively for the film The Peanuts Movie, and will be accepted in every cinema in Germany, provided that The Peanuts Movie is showing in that cinema.
4.2 Grand prize
In addition to the above, each weekly prize-draw entry played during the promotional period of 09.12.2015–29.12.2015 also counts automatically as an entry to the grand prize draw. Thus a participant can secure a maximum of 21 grand-prize draw entries.
The following prizes will be drawn after the promotional period:
– 1st prize: a holiday for a maximum of two adults and two children in the form of a Lufthansa Holidays travel voucher to the value of €2,500
– 2nd – 5th prizes: a private cinema show of The Peanuts Movie with up to 50 friends
– 6th – 9th prizes: a Peanuts toy piano
– 10th – 29th prizes: a set of Snoopy bed linen
Terms & conditions of the Lufthansa Holidays voucher:
– Validity of the voucher: 2 years, for 2 adults and 2 children
– Cannot be exchanged for cash
– Valid only for journeys offered in the current range (see website)
– Should the cost of the trip chosen exceed the value of the voucher (€2,500), the additional cost is to be borne by the recipient of the prize.
– Any balance remaining from the value of the voucher will not be paid out.
Terms & conditions of 2nd – 5th prize:
The private cinema show is valid for any cinema in Germany that is showing the feature film. After the end of the competition the winner must nominate several preferred dates and their preferred cinema. These details will be checked and confirmed after consultation with that cinema.
4.3 Prize draw deadline and allocation of prizes
The draw for the grand prize will take place on 11.01.2016.
The weekly prizes will be drawn within 5 working days of the end of the relevant competition week.
The prizes will be made available by all participating partners free of charge. No cash equivalent payment, exchange of items and/or transfer of the prize to another person is possible. In the unlikely event of the non-availability of a prize, Lufthansa reserves the right to replace this at its own discretion with another prize of equivalent or higher value.
The prizes (goody bags, cinema tickets or travel documents) will be sent by post to the winners’ postal addresses. Delivery is free of charge within the Federal Republic of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. If a prize is undeliverable or if a winner does not get in touch with Lufthansa or Twentieth Century Fox within five working days of being notified, the winner will lose all rights to the prize and another winner will be drawn.
5. Cancellation of the competition
Lufthansa reserves the right to cancel the competition without prior notice at any time for compelling reasons, for example if the proper implementation of the competition can no longer be guaranteed for technical or other reasons. Liability towards participants is precluded in such cases. Should such a termination be caused by the deliberate behaviour of a participant, Lufthansa has the right to demand compensation from that individual for any loss arising.
6.1 Lufthansa always makes every effort to provide accurate and up-to-date information. Despite the greatest care being taken, no responsibility is accepted for the correctness and completeness of the content of the websites specified here and/or these entry terms and conditions. The liability for any kind of damages, including consequential damages, arising from participation in the competition, the use of information published on these websites, materials, any software faults which may arise, viruses, interruptions to the competition because of technical faults and any data loss that may be caused by these, is excluded, provided that Lufthansa or its agents in this respect are guilty neither of gross negligence nor intent and it is also not a case of damages arising from injury to life, body or health, which are caused by a negligent breach of duty by Lufthansa or a deliberate or negligent breach of duty by a legal representative